Tuesday, June 21, 2016

POLISH AUTHOR STANISLAW LEM WRITES AMAZING SCIENCE FICTION

Polish author Stanislaw Lem, probably most well know for his novel "Solaris," has written some amazing books.

I have seen both versions of the film Solaris - the one with Clooney is not nearly as well done in my opinion - but have never read the book.

I recently read Lem's The Futurological Congress and though it took a bit of time to get my teeth into it, once I did I found it to be entertaining, speculative, and just plain mind-blowing!

I decided to read Solaris and so downloaded it from iTunes.

On the way, I managed to download 6 other of his novels. I love having books I can look forward to reading and discovering a new writer is like discovering a completely new room in your house that you never knew was there before. (For more about rooms appearing out of nowhere, check out Mark Z. Danielewski's House of Leaves - a total mind fuck.)

If you are a reader, keep reading and if you are a writer, keep writing.

And if you are not a reader, there is no better time then now to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment